MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Juggernaut5150's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Juggernaut5150
MMA Fanatic

Juggernaut5150 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
BJJ

Heres whats recorded froms sherdog since february. Went to a local bjj club, it was Gi Jui Jitsu day. Everybody seemed extremely sound and a good sense of team spirit and morale in the air. I first plodded onto the mat, after recieving a manky-old Gi jacket handed to me by my sensei which I took with open-arms. We stretched and did some bikram yoga exercies as warmups.

We continued this for another 10 minutes and our Sensei quickly slammed to the mat, followed by students who then began to "Shrimp" as I believe it's called. I followed and quickly caught up with the rest, which was done for about another 10 minutes. Drill after drill. We then did some passing and breaking guard passes and also picking up your partner and slamming him to the ground to get good posture.

After 45-1hr of this, we had an "open mat" session where you roll with anyone of all levels. My instructor helped me learn to shrimp for the first time by pulling the ends of my trousers and push/pulling with my legs on the insides of his arm to condition my leverage on the mat.

Last edited by Juggernaut5150 : 04-30-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Juggernaut5150 is offline   Reply With Quote