MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 15 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #155 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Like I said in the official thread, I checked Sicilia's record before this fight and noticed it was padded. He has a win over a guy with an 0-5 record, all finishes. That sort of changed my opinion on this fight before it started.

EDIT: I kind of agree with John. I think that Saunders won the majority of the second, but Sicilia dropped him with a solid punch which should have stolen the round. That being said, I'm not complaining about the result. Sicilia was obviously looking for the knock out and never really changed up his game plan, even when he started to gas from throwing those power punches. He looked frustrated when Saunders wasn't obliging to a brawl, but what does he expect? Saunders had the quicker foot work and knows going toe to toe with a guy who hits as hard as Sicilia isn't a good idea. They both had good chins which made the fight more exciting. Probably the best fight of the season so far.

Anyone else notice how Herb Dean went rushing in when Chris dropped Sam with that head kick? It did look like he went out for a second, but fortunately he recovered before Dean was potentially able to step in. If Herb had been a little closer, we may have gotten an early stoppage there.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez

Last edited by Stapler : 04-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote