MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Predict the next Champion to fall.

View Single Post

Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
JDS and Aldo have the two easiest title fights coming up. Also from the sounds of it Hioki and Velasquez/Werdum will likely be the contenders after that so I really don't see how those guys lose. 9/10 chance they win their next two fights.

Jon Jones has some decent competition and he seems to be regressing but he's out of the running. I think 8/10 chance to stay undefeated as champion.

GSP has a murderers row of guys coming after him, and he's coming off injury so he could be a pick but I feel like he's going to beat Condit and Ellenberger. 7/10 I like him but it's a tougher division.

Cruz doesn't have much of any competition but he gets dropped in every fight and that chin is likely going to go at some point. 6/10 any day now

Benson Henderson, he could lose to Edgar, he could lose to Pettis again, a number of guys are moving up to face and you have Melendez and Alvarez who could be showing up very soon. So he is a good pick. 4/10 chance he'll lose the belt in his next three fights.

Anderson Silva is my pick, he's sort of a mixture of Cruz/GSP/Henderson problems. I think like Henderson he's going to have a series of tough tests, like Cruz he was dropped by Sonnen, and now he's going to have a series of strikers coming at him, and with GSP the layoff and injury could have a huge effect on him, he looked like he was in worse shape than GSP. So my picks Anderson, he'll either lose or retire, I doubt he'll be champion this time next year.
John8204 is online now   Reply With Quote