MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 'Bones' coach: Rashad Evans came 'within inches' of knocking out Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldAssassin View Post
That Rashad built that camp is a complete and total myth: It was actually "built" by a group of Brazilian fighters including the Villefort brothers, Jorge Santiago and JZ Cavalcante, who walked out on American Top Team in a temper tantrum over the new management group ATT was bringing in. This was all outlined in a thread one of Dan Lambert's underlings started on the UG around March 1st of last year. Rashad (and Mike van Arsdale) did not arrive on the scene until about three weeks later.
Fair enough, but that camp would not have drawn the same quality of fighters without Rashad and Mike. I'd still count him as a co-founder. I'm not convinced there's even a remote chance of his going back to train with Jackson full time. There might be a public hatchet-burying at some point just because it would improve their collective images, but I don't see Rashad going back at all, and I don't see Jones moving up for at least a couple of years.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote