MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 15 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #177 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
I'm glad they scored that first round for Chiesa. I know Lawrence was on top for the majority of the round after Chiesa failed that rear naked choke attempt, but Lawrence literally looked lost on top and desperately held on to avoid losing position or getting submitted while Chiesa had a lot of submission attempts and kept elbowing Lawrence in the head.

Chiesa needs to work on his conditioning, he almost lost that fight in the second round. Good thing for Chiesa that Lawrence got tired as well. Lawrence isn't a bad fighter, but I knew people were hyping him up way too much from just a single fight they watched of his. That's not a good idea in this sport. Many fighters have looked good for one round, but failed to deliver in their future fights. The fact that people put so much stock into a very young fighter and acted like some fighters were afraid to fight him in the house only set him up for a fall. I wonder if he started falling into his own hype.

Chiesa needs to improve in some areas, but that sweep right into mount in the third round was very nice. Once he started laying in that ground and pound, I knew Lawrence was too tired to fend it off. Good win for Chiesa.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote