MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF: Michael Chiesa vs Justin Lawrence

View Single Post

Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
xxpillowxxjp
CAN I GET AN AMEN?

xxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V03 View Post
Yeah, great judging on this fight. It was interesting how Chiesa was pretty much beating Lawrence up even though he was on the bottom. You could tell Lawrence was getting hurt because he kept covering up and trying to hide his face. The only reason Chiesa didn't get a sweep or a submission win in the first round was because Lawrence just froze and refused to potentially give up position in my opinion. He gave Chiesa nothing to really work with. He was just holding on hoping the judges would think he had control because he was on top. At least that's what it looked like.

I think chiesa's JJ really just stifled lawrence. We've seen it happen to many fighters even in the UFC. Lawrence will learn from this though, he will have the anderson silva effect on fighters. "If you can beat me on the ground, you better be able to take me down because im not following you there", WHICH would be great. His striking is solid and his shots are powerful. He does leave alot of openings though which i think would be exposed by some of the good strikers in the UFC, but it would be interesting to see him grow to say the least.

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline   Reply With Quote