MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I need computer help

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
HaVoK
Bantamweight

HaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
SO yeah my main laptop i use has completly crapped out on me. I cant even log in under safe mode to have my windows return to a previous saved session. All it does when i turn it on regularly or in safe mode is go to a black screen with the mouse icon that i can move around, screen saver still works too lol. They have windows vista installed on it.

anybody got any suggestions
Could be a hardware issue. Like your graphics chip could have died. More likely though, it is a software issue or some kind of corruption.

Do you have a recovery disk? Vista itself is by far the worst Operating System ever created. I recommend, if you don't have a recovery disk, to pick up an OEM version of Windows XP or 7. Then do a complete reformat. Of course you will be losing all of your data. Hopefully you have it backed up. I generally reformat several times per year, but all my stuff is on a backup hard drive or on the cloud somewhere.

Before you spend the money on a new OS, look hard for that recovery disk. You can reformat with it as well, but they will still put a lot of useless crap on your PC. At least this way you can find out if it is a Hardware issue. Because if it is a hardware issue a new OS will do you no good. You just have to troubleshoot all the possibilities until you find the issue.
HaVoK is offline   Reply With Quote