MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - This Gilbert guy really hasn't impressed me

View Single Post

Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Big_Charm
Bantamweight

Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
I dont get the ridiculous hype either. He has looked ok in SF but far from sensational. I thought he lost the fight on saturday tbh. He scraped past Thomson and was boring as shite against Masvidal and Aoki.

Dont get me wrong he is obviously a good fighter - a top 10 LW, but he has to do a lot more in my eyes to be put up on a level with Nate, Bendo and Edgar.

I will say in GMs defense though that i think Josh Thomson is one of the most underrated LWs out there. He is one of the guys who HAS to come over to the UFC from SF.
I'd have to agree with you.

GM is a talented fighter, but his last few fights put a lot of doubt in my mind, if he could hang with the elite guys from UFC.

Nate/Edgar/Bendo would all put beatings on him... I'd say he has his work cut out for him to even reach the top 5.

I'd give Thompson big credit too, he is underrated and that fight looked to have gone either way.

Fedor-Shogun-Overeem-Cro Cop-Silva-Gomi-Henderson-Jackson

2014 NPFFL

Jon Jones . Travis Browne . Demian Maia. Cain Velasquez. Fabricio Werdum
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote