MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - This Gilbert guy really hasn't impressed me

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
StandThemUp
Flyweight

StandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
Based on those rules, Round 4 was clearly a 10-8 round for JT.

But I guess this whole system just sucks, because it's totally subjective and there is too much room for error.

For instance, it says it should be a 10-9 if one guy wins by a "Close" Margin and a 10-8 if one guy wins "Overwhelmingly".

Well, the problem is, there are a lot of ways to win that are inbetween Overwhelming and a Close Margin.

Clearly the first round was at most, a close margin, But there is no way in hell round 4 was an "equal" close margin, the margin was much bigger, but maybe not overwhelming in some peoples eyes (Though I think it clearly was).

I don't know. I just don't like it. There is no reason they can't come up with a more definitive way to judge these fights and not leave it so open to interpretation and judges bias.

That being said, it creates controversy, which can be the best thing for generating interest in a sport. ie: College Football. They could have a playoff system, but then what would everyone argue about all day long?
StandThemUp is offline   Reply With Quote