MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF: Michael Chiesa vs James Vick

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
You're thinking of former TUF winner James Wilks. He retired recently from MMA. I can see the confusion though, haha.

How is Chiesa very lucky? He beat Lawrence because Lawrence is inexperienced and didn't stick to his strengths. That great sweep and ground and pound finish wasn't "lucky". Chiesa also won an easy to score decision over Larsen. First round being 9-9 and second round being 10-9 for Chiesa. Larsen didn't lose because of the knee either. Chiesa was actually beating him more comfortably before the knee was thrown. He became more safe after probably due to fear of making a mistake again.

He's earned his spot in the semi finals just like Vick has. You don't see me calling Vick lucky because he accidentally knocked Daron out with a knee that he admitted he didn't even mean to throw. This is MMA, give credit where it is due. Chiesa deserves a lot of credit for making it this far despite his father dying. That has to be really hard. I know I wouldn't be able to focus if a parent died. I wouldn't even care about the competition that much anymore. To think he could just go to a funeral and put it behind him and focus on the competition only is naive. It takes a lot of time to heal from that sort of thing and it's almost guaranteed to still be in the back of his mind every day as he trains. The fact that he is still winning and focusing shows a lot of dedication and courage on his part in my opinion. He deserves as much respect as any of the other semi finalists.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 05-25-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote