MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator FC 70: Rick Hawn vs Brent Weedman

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
dudeabides
Gabba Gabba Hey

dudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchable
Quote:
Rick Hawn (14-1) def. Brent Weedman (21-8-1) by unanimous decision
Lightweight Tournament Final

R1: Feeling out process early with Weedman throwing some kicks to the leg and midsection. Hawn is throwing the jab frequently and landed a good straight right. Weedman landed a good right of his own and both guys are loosening up. Hawn gets a trip takedown but Weedman is back up. Close round, but I give it 10-9 Hawn.

R2: Weedman throws a kick and Hawn is countering. Both guys are warming up as the round progresses, but still seem hesitant to make a mistake. Hawn attempts an over the back judo takedown but Weedman balanced his way out of it. Hawn looks to have a cut on the bridge of his nose. This is a razor close round. I give it to Hawn 10-9 as he seems to be connecting with more counter shots when Weedman throws over the top.

R3: Weedman is very active to start the round, but Hawn gets the takedown with four minutes to go. Hawn working ground and pound, but Weedman is defending well from the bottom. Fight is back standing with one minute to go with neither man getting a clear advantage. I give this to Hawn 10-9 thanks to the takedown.

Judges score it 29-28 Hawn, while two had it 30-27 for Hawn. He earns the next shot at current champ Michael Chandler.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/25...dman-rick-hawn

FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira... Franklin.
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote