MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 15 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #203 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
So much for Chiesa just being lucky. The guy has so much heart, he just doesn't give up. That kind of spirit can come a long way. His top game is legit. Once he eventually got the takedown, he easily mounted Vick and pounded away until the referee stopped it. I'm glad to see he isn't only going for submission attempts now. His ground and pound is probably a better tool of his in my opinion. I think that he should have been more persistent with his take downs earlier because his stand up is poor, but he may have been trying to not be predictable. Once he finally went for a take down again in the second round, he didn't have a hard time getting it.

Vick has good take down defense, but his ground game needs work. When he got slammed, he pretty much got overwhelmed instantly and covered up waiting for it to be over. I'm not sure if Chiesa's top game is that great, or if Vick's ground defense is that bad. That would explain why he works hard on keeping it standing.

That was a fun fight. So was Iaquinta vs. Pichel.. I expected Iaquinta to take it more comfortably, but Pichel didn't make it easy for him. That was really back and forth with both fighters having their moments.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez

Last edited by Stapler : 05-25-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote