MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BJ Penn accepts Rory MacDonald's challenge,

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
1,2, and 3... I'm sick of waiting for the "motivated" B.J. Penn... even motivated he just doesnt make a legitimate threat at WW and I dont think too many knowledgable fans could seriously say he has the potential to hold the crown for any period of time at 170.

So with that logic maybe it's just me but WW fights are just the UFCs way of making money and using Penn as a novelty..

At LW he can still make a legitimate run IMO.
BJ and Hendo with their balls to the wall style and accepting any fight they are offered and fighting at multiple weight classes have made them my top 2 fighters of all time...but sadly, I'm an objective and rational fan, and fully agree with you.

At WW, Penn can get wins, but has never and will never hold a consistent winning streak.

I really like Rory Mcdonald's style as well, and that kid has so much potential and is a serious threat to BJ.

Great control on the ground, brutal g&p, remains calm and is a freaking stud and strong as hell for a WW. All that is a disaster for Penn, unless he doesn't get taken down and blasts Rory with some serious aggressive strikes from the start.

I will be rooting for BJ for sure, but I think Rory takes this dominantly. If it's a 5 round fight which I think it will be I believe Rory will win by a tko stoppage in the 2nd or 4th, or a Unanimous decision 49-46.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote