Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Fighters react to Jon Jones' crash and DUI

3K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Rusty 
#1 ·

Great hearing how these guys worry about each other first before they pass judgement :)

#12 ·
No he said "I would say him 'Don't drink anymore because you're amazing drinking!"

What I got out of that is Jon Jones is amazingly badass when he is drinking.

Don't believe me? Skip ahead to 3:35 lol

Oh the wonders of losing things in your own translation.

#5 ·
I think JDS is right, if I think about it the net sum of drinking experiences in my life have been quite terrible. I've been hurt a few times and done some really stupid things while drunk, makes me respect JDS more.

As far as JBJ my guess is that he was pressured into drinking by somebody else and he didn't want to leave his Bentley overnight at a bar, he should have paid someone to drive it home for him, that service exists where I live. Nobody was killed, he'll get over it, the question is whether everyone else will.

#8 ·
Would you want someone else to drive YOUR Bentley home?

The annoying thing with this situation is just how Jones is a hypocrite. He says one thing in the media then his actions show that he doesn't actually do what he says.

So if he says he's not going to get a DUI and he goes out and gets one, what else is he going to do?

It's hard to trust anything that comes out of his mouth now. He's probably not even a Christian.

#9 ·
Great watch and very cool to see what some fighters had to say. I agree with Mir that a lot of the people who bash him, have probably done something similar, the only difference is they didn't crash or were caught. Everyones tolerance to alcohol is different, you may be over the legal limit and can be perfectly fine to drive a vehicle, doesn't mean its right. I'm sure he will learn from this, and I would take the advice from JDS, stop drinking!

You don't need to drink to have a good time.

#10 ·
While I personally do not drink and never have, I feel Frank Mir really put it into perspective. The numbers of people who drink and drive (And are not caught) is staggering. Jon Jones has made a huge mistake, especially considering his previous comments regarding the matter. I expect Jon to learn from this and to continually grow as a fighter and a man.

As far as Jon Jones and his religion... Well, even the Dalai Lama makes mistakes. Religion is (Amongst other things of course) about the pursuit of perfection. So long as you learn from your mistakes and do not repeat them, I would say you are on the right track.

#19 ·
While I personally do not drink and never have, I feel Frank Mir really put it into perspective. The numbers of people who drink and drive (And are not caught) is staggering. Jon Jones has made a huge mistake, especially considering his previous comments regarding the matter. I expect Jon to learn from this and to continually grow as a fighter and a man.

As far as Jon Jones and his religion... Well, even the Dalai Lama makes mistakes. Religion is (Amongst other things of course) about the pursuit of perfection. So long as you learn from your mistakes and do not repeat them, I would say you are on the right track.
This man gets it .. +rep.

#11 ·
Mayhem's comments rings true. JBJ is getting a lot more backlash simply because he exuded a much different persona + his status, otherwise it wouldn't be such a big deal. People see through it though. In any case what we have is an talented fighter who will forever be scrutinized.

My question is how will he perform against Hendo with the media constantly hounding em. You just know 90% of the media attention from here on out will be about that incident unfortunately. Welcome to the world of TMZ!

#20 ·
I just got a chance to watch this, and man, Frank Mir's bit was great. I know several of you mentioned that too, but I really liked it.

That dude could be a motivational GURU lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.