MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Jones just that good, or simply in the wrong weight class???

View Single Post

Old 06-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny89 View Post
we will see when i moves to heavywdeight

im looking forward to it ^^ Put him up against Roy Nelson.
I doubt that he will have the same success at HW as he has now at LHW. Yes, part of his success is his superior strength which he wouldn't have against most of the HWs, and adding 30lbs+ of muscle mass would give him probably serious cardio issues with his style. But at LHW he is that good. His physical strength is part of his success, but not the only reason. He has very good skills, his technique is getting better and better, and he has absolute amazing fighting instincts. In addition, what most people probably didn't recognise, he also has a superb timing. I.e. he completely disrupted Rua's breathing rhythm with his straight kicks to the body.

Even though he is very strong for a LHW, he is not really built for HW. If there where a Cruiser weight class at 230lbs, that would probably a good option for him to move up.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote