MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Video: Wanderlei Silva and Lyoto training

View Single Post

Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
There is hardly anyone being close with the in and out skills of Machida at LHW to exploit that blueprint. And Machida would have to massively train his cardio if he wants to be successful with his approach against Jones for more than a round as the explosive in and out attacks against Jones' massive reach advantage consume an imense amount of energy.
True, but I think the overall blueprint was that JBJ can be hurt with the right technique and timing. Everyone else seems to get frozen like a deer with headlights. Rashad hit em with a few shots, but after the 2nd round it was all defensive mode.

Machida landed a left cross if I recall and committed and followed through. All of the rest of the fighters merely caught air and stopped midway through cuz they had JBJ's hands in their face while he was back pedalling.

It's timing. Either they absorb a shot from JBJ while dishing it out. Few can handle that kind of punishment, but Hendo can. Or wait for the right moment to explode. I mean of course it's easier said than done, but what else is there. One can leg kick em, but you know he'll catch it and dump you on the ground eventually. I think someone like Cain would be a perfect match up. That's the fight I want to see.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote