Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Video: Wanderlei Silva and Lyoto training

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  GlasgowKiss 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cool video, big fan of both and hope they win their upcoming fights, Machida looked in great shape and hopefully Wanderlei can win a few more fights before he retires.

#4 ·
Anyone notice the scar on Lyoto's forehead. Man, if only he would be able to negate that take down. All it took was one elbow. Yep...I'm still bitter he lost cuz I put in a lot of stock in him dethroning the current champ...lolz! If anything he showed the blueprint in that first round.

Now if Lyoto loses to Ryan that's gonna suck. He's 10x better. Ryan is just a big ogre with massive strength and a powerful right. In fact I think Ryan is a natural heavyweight.

I think Wand will win the rematch again Franklin with Cordeiro in his corner and Lyoto will win by TKO.

Wand will utilize the same game plan he did against Bisping and explode at the right time to garner points. Controlled aggression. I don't think Rich wants to get into a brawl.

Lyoto will force Bader to chase em around just like what Thiago Silva did and get rocked in the process. Bader is super slow and doesn't do well in scrambles because of his bulky size.

#5 ·
If anything he showed the blueprint in that first round.
There is hardly anyone being close with the in and out skills of Machida at LHW to exploit that blueprint. And Machida would have to massively train his cardio if he wants to be successful with his approach against Jones for more than a round as the explosive in and out attacks against Jones' massive reach advantage consume an imense amount of energy.

#10 · (Edited)
The first thing I noticed was how fast Machida threw that punch at Wand's chest. You see his body move but the fist is just a blur.

He also seems way cooler in a low key environment.

#13 ·
Great video ! Yep, Machida's Dad is a total legend, making horses walk sideways ahahahahah. I think Machida is the best technical striker in all of MMA. Don't see Bader having a chance, Lyoto is going to run rings round him and pick him off at will.
Really enjoyed the snippets of Lyoto that we have seen recently in TUF Brazil, Anderson's documentary and in this video. Thinks he seems like a down to earth and relaxed guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.