MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jdun is back boys!!

View Single Post

Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
I laughed when I saw this thread because I was just wondering the other day about all of the old "regulars" that used to post here.

Glad to see you got back safe.

I actually think the welterweight division is more interesting without St. Pierre in the picture. Fights have actually been competitive and unpredictable. I fear once he comes back that it will just be like it used to be with an assembly line waiting to drop a decision to him. I'm sure I'm in the minority that has that mind set.

I agree about Sonnen. If he doesn't get too ahead of himself again, he will probably win a decision against Silva.

I'm not sure about Velasquez beating Dos Santos. Dos Santos is an excellent striker and is well balanced with speed and power, meaning he doesn't lack either. His take down defense and underrated ground game make him a complete fighter, and I don't see a bad match up for him in the heavyweight division. Of course their first fight left more to be desired. Who knows how a rematch will go if Velasquez doesn't get caught early. He's very persistent with his take downs if the stand up game isn't working for him.

Good to have you back! Always happy to see posters from my era still around.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez

Last edited by Stapler : 06-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote