MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New TDKR trailer and it's amazing

View Single Post

Old 06-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
deadmanshand
The Internet Prophet

deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
I do unfortunately and this movie will be better than that.

But this isn't Bane. It's just not the same character. It is a Nolan villain that has the name Bane slapped onto him. His motivation's not the same. He doesn't even have Venom from what Nolan has said because he doesn't do superscience yet he had the cellphone bs in the last movie and a ridiculous looking batwing in this one. But he doesn't do superscience. It's not realistic enough in his gritty, throat cancer ridden world of angry rich boys in tights fighting crime.

Nolan isn't putting out a Batman movie. He is putting out a gritty, actiony crime drama that happens to have characters who share the names of people from the Batman comics. That pisses me off. It pissed me off about the Dark Knight and now its pissing me off in the trailers for the Dark Knight Rises.

This trailer - like every other trailer for this movie - has been ridiculous explosion after ridiculous explosion with occasional shots of gigolo Bane and Joseph Gordon Levitt. Oh and the rare brief scene of the god damned Batman. You know the main character?

I honestly don't understand how people see this trailer and say "Yeah! I gotta see this!"