MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The big bad Euro 2012 thread

View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
I suppose you didn't see the today's game.
It was so much more than Ronaldo, the all squad was superb.
It was the biggest display of domination of Euro 2012 so far imo.
Oh I absolutely watched the game, I have watched every Portugal game in the tourney along with most of the other games.

All the squad playing superb is a bold claim, Coentrão and Veloso played well as they have done in every game, the defense as a unit looked very solid, but the team showed weaknesses aswell, like squandering many passes in the final third. Portugal being the better team was clear as day, but let's get real, Czech Republic are way out of their depth in a quarterfinal of the Euro's and any other team that went trough the group stages, bar Greece, should have no problem beating them. For the biggest display of domination, look no further than Russia's game versus the Czech's the very first day of the tourney. Russia passed the ball quicker and penetrated the defense more often than Portugal was able to.

To set the record straight, I am 100% behind Portugal in a eventual semi final versus Spain. I really hope you chew them up and spit them out, crush their souls and send them home in shame. Will it happen? That's another story. But I feel like the football gods are smiling down on you at the moment, more so then Spain.

Inter: Five best national teams in the world based on relative squad strength in no particular order: Spain, Germany, Holland, Argentina, Brazil. On second thought, Italy probably is a better team then Brazil right now. Gotta think about that one.

In Europe: Spain, Germany, Holland, Italy and I'll give the last one to Portugal, ahead of France.

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote