MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The big bad Euro 2012 thread

View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Good on you for mentioning the Holland game, Portugal impressed me more in that game than in this last one. Your midfield, again with Veloso as the standout performer did a great job in bossing the midfield and regaining possession of the ball quickly after you lost it. That's exactly what you will have to do against Spain, who are notoriously good at passing the ball around in midfield. I feel if you can break up the play in midfield often enough against Spain, you have a good chance of counter attacking them to shreds with Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos is a bit of a weak link in the spanish defence playing as a centre back, and I've never really rated Arbeloa either.

What Portugal is desperatly lacking though, are options from the bench. That's where Spain have a big edge on you. Quaresma is a decent option I guess, but the guy is so hot and cold. Hardly a player able to carry a team who have fallen on hard times on his back.

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote