MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC and Boxing

Thread: UFC and Boxing
View Single Post

Old 06-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
ArcherCC
MMA Fanatic

ArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to beholdArcherCC is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNasty View Post
I agree with you, when it comes to fans the UFC and MMA as a whole definitely cares more about the fans. But when it comes to money, when will MMA or the UFC ever surpass pro boxing? If ever? and I somewhat disagree with you on the old fossils and ESPN being anti-mma..They do talk about MMA and even have Jon Jones in their intro for Sportscenter mon-fri at 5am (i watch it when i get up for work)..
Outside of Jim Rome and their dedicated 30 min weekly show ESPN hardly notices MMA exist, and when they do it is to make comments like this.

That being said for me Boxing died the minute I really got into MMA, for me that was Silva VS Lebon.

And while I am loath to agree with TLL, yes we want to see GSP VS Silva, but they are two different weight classes separated by 15 pounds. Where as Pac Man and Mayweather are in the same class, , and the thing is the payday for that fight would be huge, but after two years, screw it i lost interest in that fight.
ArcherCC is offline   Reply With Quote