MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC and Boxing

Thread: UFC and Boxing
View Single Post

Old 06-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
killua
Amateur

killua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the roughkillua is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Silva/GSP is probably the biggest fight that could be made in MMA but it's more fantasy than reality. They both fight in separate divisions where Pacquiao and Mayweather do fight in the same division. Plus it's not like the sport of MMA is dependent on that one fight like Boxing is with there's, there's plenty of other big superfights from MMA people wanna see, in Boxing, not so much. That fight got talked about a lot but mostly when GSP and Anderson had their divisions cleared out now GSP has Condit, Kampmann, Hendricks, and maybe Diaz and Anderson has Sonnen, Munoz, Weidman, Shields, Boestch, and Lombard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
You are aware that those two guys fight in two different weight classes┐ If they were in the same weight class they would have already fought a long time ago. The fight between those two is in not at all comparable to Pacquiao vs. Mayweather who just don't get their negociation right.
I don't really follow boxing at all. I just thought that if a point was to be made against boxing for not making the fight that everyone wants to see, then some comparison would need to be made to the biggest fight everyone wants to see in the UFC also. It's probably not a fair comparison that I made, and I apologise if that's the case, but it's difficult to directly compare boxing with the UFC, given all the different weight classes and organisations.

From my ignorant perspective, I think the reasons holding back both fights from happening are similar and not really related to weight divisions.
killua is offline   Reply With Quote