MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Wanderlei Silva vs. Rich Franklin II Pre/Post Fight Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #116 (permalink)
michelangelo
Lightweight

michelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
I am a huge rich Franklin fan so I may be a little biased but I got to dissagree. I look at fights like Congo vs pat and carwin vs Brock which are fights that easily could have been stopped but it's a good thing they werent. This fight also could have been stoped but it's a good thing it wasn't.
Those are fun fights for the spectator, but threaten the long term health of the fighters. The first thing Rich stated after the fight was that he couldn't remember 3/5 of the fight. He only recalled his corner telling him it was the start of the fifth round. A surprise to Rich, as he could only recall events up to the end of the 1st.

MMA has a remarkable track record for safe-guarding the welfare of it's fighters, while still providing some of the most dynamic action in all of combat sports. I don't want to see that balance change.

Last edited by michelangelo : 06-24-2012 at 07:16 PM.
michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote