MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Roger Huerta while in the UFC.

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
So none of you guys think the Mike Swick incident has anything to do with Roger's performance? He was noticeably rattled before the fight.
I just looked it up as i am one to do and saw what your talking about i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
I always liked watching roger fight. But he lost a step around 2007ish, I'd guess he started losing his desire to fight and lost his dedication in the gym. In the last five years that he's been active, only one of those years did he fight more than once.

But he was never that good to begin with. Guida was by far his greatest win, and he was getting pretty dominated in that fight until guida gassed and got choked out in the third. Since then he's gone 1-6, I think he should rededicate or hang up his gloves.
It does seem to me that the guy really has been trying to rededicate himself. You dont go to Thailand and train nonstop if your not serious. All the videos i see of him have something to do with training. I honestly think he has just had a string of bad luck and if he can get some easy fights together he will gain his confidence back and make another good run.