MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did anyone think Wanderlei won?

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ryan1522
Featherweight

Ryan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRyan1522 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I only gave Wanderlei round 2. Round 5 Franklin might have been going back but he was still out landing Wandy with his jab and even dropped him at the end.

Round 3 was a 10-8 round for Franklin IMHO. I dont remember if Wandy threw more then 5 punches that round. The first 3 minutes he just stood there not throwing anything. It reminded me off round 3 in Forrest/Tito 2. So i saw Franklin picking Wandy apart and then im not certain i think thats the round he put him in a body lock and took him down and landed some good shots and Elbows. So i have 10-8 to Franklin in round 3 and i need to watch it again but i think 10-8 for Wandy in round 2, depends on how the fight was going before Rich got rocked.

Round 1 - 10-9 Franklin
Round 2 - 10-8 Wandy
Round 3 - 10-8 Franklin
Round 4 - 10-9 Franklin
Round 5 - 10-9 Franklin

Thats how i scored it. I think people might argue with me on how i scored Round 3 but i think if you guys watch it again you will see that Wandy did absolutely nothing that round. It was 90% Franklin and 10% Wandy so if that doesnt mean a 10-8 then that just stinks. You cant be stiff as a board and expect to get a 10-9.
Disagree with both 10-8 scores on the premise that neither fighter 100 percent dominated the round for all 5 minutes.

See examples of what I think is a 10-8 round in my post above.

And as for the OP there is no way in hell Wanderlei won that fight. He stole the 2nd round doing what Wanderlei does best, brawling.

I scored it 49-46 as all the judges did.

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Anderson Silva
Nate Diaz
Donald Cerrone
Jon Jones
Gabriel Gonzaga
Brandon Thatch

2014 Superfight Advocate

Jones vs Silva
Ryan1522 is offline   Reply With Quote