Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anderson Silva Hiding and ducking

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jackfujimori 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys.

There must be something in it, really how many top guys have Anderson been fighting the last years?

Now Hendo to claims the Spider is hiding

Chael Sonnen never lacks for ways to disparage champion Anderson Silva. Mark Munoz made apolite but firm call for a title shot after beating Chris Leben last month. Michael Bisping

laid out his case following his beatdown of Jason "Mayhem" Miller last weekend. Now Dan Henderson has decided to needle Silva.

Henderson on Sunday suggested via Twitter that Silva might be looking for easy opposition:

Silva has said his shoulder has been bothering him since he defeated Yushin Okami in August. The rehabiliation could keep the champion out until August.

Henderson wants to avenge his March 2008 loss to Silva, but he'll have to wait in line despite edging out a Nov. 19 win over former champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a bout hailed as an instant classic. UFC last week announced that a Jan. 28 bout between Mark Munoz and Chael Sonnen would determine the next challenger for Silva.

Sonnen would have had a direct path to the title if Silva could have been ready.

UFC wanted to an immediate rematch between the two after the champion barely escaped in August 2010, when Sonnen dominated for four-and-a-half rounds before Silva trapped him in a triangle choke-armbar submission with less than two minutes left in the fight. But Sonnen's subsequent suspension for elevated testosterone levels and admission of money laundering kept out of action until his October demolition of rising prospect Brian Stann.

The victory over Stann had UFC again trying to put together a fight between Sonnen and Silva, but the champion was already experiencing his shoulder issues by then.

Munoz, Henderson and Sonnen have the wrestling skill to give Silva fits; Henderson also has one-punch knockout power. Bisping's emphasis on high-volume boxing might play right into the hands of Silva, whose ability to slip punches and counter with accurate, powerful strikes made past opponents look foolish.

Source - MMADOGS

I think Silva should man up and meet guys like St. Pier in a catch weight bout, Sonnen and Hendo

What do you think?

See less See more
#3 ·
I feel like this is all just for show.
All the MMA fighters do a lot of talking and saying "I'm gonna knock his teeth out!" and stuff because it builds media attention.
They do it so that more people will anticipate a fight and pay more money for it.
As far as I know, Silva is a decent fighter and has no reason to hide. But that's just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.