MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva goes Off On Sonnen

View Single Post

Old 06-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
edlavis88
Light Heavyweight

edlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemedlavis88 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I'm curious as to how any one actually wants Chael Sonnen to win this fight.

Anderson Silva is the pound for pound greatest fighter on the planet, and has been for years. He has put on some of the most dazzling, mesmerizing performances ever witnessed in this sport and fan or no fan, for that, I, am very grateful.

Chael Sonnen is a real life fraud, a criminal, a compulsive liar and a cheater. How can this be the man you want to dethrone Anderson Silva and take the title?

Chael Sonnen has also only finished 1 of his last 14 Zuffa fights.

It would be a disaster for the sport if Sonnen wins. Anderson epitomizes everything that is great about sports. Long time dominance, grace and skill.

This may be a sweeping generalisation, but it seems to me that most of the Sonnen fans value the drama and theatrics side of the sport over the actual, y'know, competition.

This is a sport first and fore most, and Chael Sonnen is so, so wrong for this sport.
Chael is American... Therefore against a Brazilian you can bet your ass a lot of American's will support him no matter his personality.

I also think some people are still annoyed at Anderson's performances and lack of respect vs Maia and Leites and won't support him no matter how good he is.