MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator Season 7

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
FixedPartialArt
MMA Fanatic

FixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlavis88 View Post
Daley Vs Saunders or Daley Vs Zaromskis would be great fights to make. I think Daley could do very well in BFC, the Welterweight division has a lot more pure strikers and fewer great wrestlers than the UFC's 170lb div.
Problem is he just lost a stand-up fight vs. Misaki, would have lost primarily a stand-up fight vs. a blown up LW in Masvidal had Jorge not foolishly attempted a TD late in Alves vs. Kampmann style, and of course he succumbed to Diaz albeit after having an outstanding striker on the cage links. Another problem for him is that Bellator's WW strikers are really good. I think Koreshkov, Lima, Good, Foster, and Indio are better than him on the feet because of diversity and straighter strikes. Daley just has the power advantage over all but Lima. All but maybe Good are better on the ground also.

------

I think what projects to be a great WW tourney is close to set in stone now. The picks will probably be made from this group: Lima, Good, Koreshkov, Foster, Daley, Indio, Taleb, Wallhead, Saunders, Amoussou/Baker loser. I don't think Ford can travel to the States, Marcus Lelo clearly hasn't done enough, and Zaromskis is merely an entertainer until he racks up a few quality wins.

That will be the best tourney or lightweight. Just about everybody in the group of possibles could reasonably be considered contenders. Tirloni has already been invited, which I think is just considering who he lost to and how highly rated as a prospect he was. E.J. Brooks will be there. He's been doing really well on the prelims. They also supposedly have another really good signing for the division in their back pocket.
FixedPartialArt is offline   Reply With Quote