MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC is behind the NONSENSE

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherCC View Post
How is that relevant to the thread? I mean out of left field much?

To be on topic.... It's been said by others this is combat sports, trash talking is to be expected. Hell outside of Tennis and Golf point me to a single main stream sport that does not involve trash talking. It's part of the sports culture, it's a way to get into your opponents head. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails, and other times it back fires on a major scale but it happens in almost every sport.
I don't know, maybe that intense trashtalking is rather a US-American thing. In most mainstream sports you won't find it to that extend and athletes do get in trouble if they do. For example in the biggest mainstream sport in the world, football (I mean that sport where they actually kick a ball with their feet, not where they carry an egg with their hands) French player Zinedine Zidane got a red card in the world championship final for headbutting the Italian Marco Materazzi, but following investigations on that issue afterwards Materazzi later got a 5000 Swiss Franc fine and two match ban, because he had insulted Zidane's sister.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote