MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vera: Does not care why Shogun said yes.

View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
Lets not forget this is what Shogun asked for. There's no reason to hold it against Vera that he got such a "promotion", it's all Shogun's camp and the UFC. Vera has everything in the world to gain here. The only chance he has of being the big loser is if he gets creamed early. Beyond that, this is a guy who is stepping up to provide at least some name notoriety for the card against an opponent most poeple don't give him a chance against. I for one, am not one of those people. I personally think Vera has a decent chance here to shock the world, and nothing against Shogun, but I hope he does.
No one here is blaming Vera. Blaming the UFC for giving us crap. Vera said he wanted to hold 2 belts 7 years ago...so I guess they feel that is enough to put him in big fights once in a while.

Fact is the man would have been cut had Thiago just beat him the ol fashioned way. He was just on FACEBOOK Prelims.

I blame Shogun. He ducked Texeria and now the UFC had to give us Vera. They should have demoted Shogun from the main event and threw him on another card for ducking Texeria.

Would have been a happy camper had Shogun/Texeria been made. But Vera doesn't deserve main card let alone main event.

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 07-01-2012 at 09:52 AM.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote