MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - California State Athletic Commission faces money trouble.

View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
SmackyBear
Bantamweight

SmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For GreatnessSmackyBear Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Well it's still in-state travel though how expensive could it be? I'm not sure how much they charge from the promoters per event or annually, but surely one guy travelling in-state and staying in a hotel overnight has to be a drop in the ocean compared to the kind of money it takes to host the full event. Unless the system is being abused for frivolous travel expenses of course.

And whatever the financial problems, I don't see why they can't just raise their licensing fees and make it back from the promoters. If the expenses are truly legit and they would happen in every state, then the promoters would obviously just pay the price that comes with having a legitimate sporting event.
After the DCA sent the CSAC that insolvency letter, the commissioners had a meeting with executive directer Dodd.

He said costs relating to inspectors were over half their budget. So it obviously adds up.