Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anderson Silva goes Off On Sonnen

14K views 147 replies 58 participants last post by  Killz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
“Chael is a criminal, he is a criminal. He has been convicted of crimes and he doesn’t deserve to be inside the Octagon. When the time is right, I am going to break his face and every one of his teeth in his mouth. Playtime is over, the jokes are over. I am going to beat his ass out of the UFC. He is never going to want to fight again after I am done with him. It doesn’t matter if I am on bottom, side or top. Chael is going to get his ass kicked like never before. What I do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport. I am going to make sure his legs are broke and arms are broke he will not be able to walk out by himself. I know he is listening; no more shit talking, it is on now. I’m going to make him pay and make him eat everything he said about myself and my country. I’m going to make sure he does not disrespect any other fighter. I’m going to beat him like his parents should have beat him to have manners. He can say whatever he wants, but I am not playing anymore. It will be the same like the first fight. He walked out the loser and this time he is going to walk out the loser. The only difference is that this time he is going to have to visit a plastic surgeon after the fight.”

For the past couple of years Anderson Silva has taken the high road in regards to his biggest antagonist, Chael Sonnen. However, during today’s UFC 148 media call the Brazilian Champion didn’t hold back when the media told him to speak his mind.

UFC 148 takes place on July 7 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and these two fighters will finally rematch in a fight that has been the topic of debate for the better part of two-years.
what's his problem? :confused02:

Chael responds :hug:

“All that happened was Anderson found himself in a fight for the first time. His skills are amateur. If you walk into a fight with your fists down, that’s amateur. I treated him like an amateur the first time and I’ll treat him like an amateur this time… The stakes are pretty high on this one. It’s not like I’m trying to score points on the guy, he’s trying to do damage to me… I’ve got two words for Anderson Silva: medium rare.”

#2 ·
Two weeks until Chael gets to face the music, we all know the only chance he has at winning is to lay on top of Anderson and pray for a decision.

#7 ·
This is a bad sign for Silva. If he loses his cool he might gas himself or make a bad mistake.

I honestly can see this as a 4th rd TKO (unanswered blows) victory for Chael.

When Silva and Chael walk up to eachother to hear the refs orders before the fight... My heart will be racing faster than if I were fighting.

Just watch this turn out as a 5 rd Guida-Maynard snoozefest. Haha

#10 ·
This is a bad sign for Silva. If he loses his cool he might gas himself or make a bad mistake.

I honestly can see this as a 4th rd TKO (unanswered blows) victory for Chael.

When Silva and Chael walk up to eachother to hear the refs orders before the fight... My heart will be racing faster than if I were fighting.

Just watch this turn out as a 5 rd Guida-Maynard snoozefest. Haha
See its hard to judge that, we saw him crying before the okami fight, then he went out there on a emotional high in Brazil and defeated Okami easily. LOl at the tko, i know anything can happen in MMA, but your asking a guy who has never had a TKO/KO victory against anybody we would know to do so against a man who has never been finished via TKO/KO in his career.

#12 ·
Really its about damn time he stands up to Chael..enough talking shit now time to face off in the octagon, it will be a hell of a show of this I am sure. Like others have said most likely the same ending, Chael will take him down and work for a few rounds and most likely get caught in a submission. I hope I am wrong..Id love to see this fight get finished with a knockout.

This is one of those where I can just sit back and enjoy watching it, seeing as I couldnt care less who wins. Not a huge fan of either fighter.

#13 ·
Some would say this is bad, using anger in the cage is bad. I say nay my fellow Silva fans, kindly refer ones self to the Okami vs. Silva round 2. This was a cat toying with a mouse, a really pissed off cat that humiliated a defenseless mouse. If Anderson comes to fight, not to win, but to fight, Chael's a dead man. I like watching Chael fight, but Anderson Silva is possibly the best fighter in the world (when he wants to be).

For any other fighter this would be concerning, but it really really makes things more exciting here. I expect a 2nd round TKO by Silva or a 5 round decision for Chael.

#27 ·
Damn. I think silva is going to whoop sonnen. First round. Knock out. Sonnen doesn't land a take down.

I thought it was going to be like the first, but i believe this time, silva will be ready.

#29 ·
Looks to me Sonnen has finally got what he wanted. To get under Silva's skin and get an emotional response.

I would bet he is enjoying it.

How will it affect the fight? Who knows. (I am sure people will pretend to know though) What I do know is, as a fight fan, I win.

#30 ·
Exciting to hear him talk like this. At least we know he won't be running on points and will be looking for a definitive finish.

Does anyone speak Portugese here? Would love to read an detailed/exact translation of what he said.

I just hope for everyone's sake there isn't an early stoppage from strikes, that would just ruin everything and give Chael and out to say he could've continued.

#32 ·
Ladies and gentleman this is what everyone wants to see.

This will be historic. Friend is heading to Vegas during the show...gonna be crazy!!!

All I can say is that if there's one person you don't ever want to see pissed off it's..."The Spider!" He performs his best when he gets put to the test.

#35 ·
Silva just turned the heat up:D I can't wait for this fight. My prediction is Silva by 2nd rd TKO. I think Sonnen will struggle to secure takedowns in this fight simply because Silva will actually be defending them.

I just hope Silva doesn't come out in a gi again.

#36 ·
I think everyone including chael is shocked at what silva said. Chael is scared, there was no comeback or any fresh new material. The press call thing between Evans and Page, when that got heated it was back and forth no control.

I believe Chael Sonnen did not expect this silva to come out. Now i bet he is regretting his comment. I'm just glad July 7 i'll be on my couch, and not in a cage where the greatest talent we ever seen inside an octagon wants to break my man's teeth,legs,arms,change the sport, and send him home needing plastic surgery.

#37 ·
this just made me more pumped to see this fight :)

will be interesting to see if AS does get a submission how quickly he lets it go!

#38 ·
It might not be such a good thing that Anderson is pissed off. It could go either way.

He could fight dumb, and since he's fighting a wrestler he could fall into the same trap that happened last time and wind up on his back for 5 rounds. Or! He could go out there and smash Sonnen into a bloody pulp. It's tough to decide.

We've never seen him so angry before a fight, this will be extremely interesting considering on a normal day he's considered the best fighter the modern world has ever seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.