MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva goes Off On Sonnen

View Single Post

Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #146 (permalink)
PheelGoodInc
Heavyweight

PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
I know he was going to lose the fight, but was he really in trouble. Those shots sonnen was hitting all night really was not doing much damage. There was no point where Sonnen had a furry of GNP where the fight was going to be stop.

I know it isnt the best game plan but its anderson silva. He trains like that where guys actually do furry of GNP on him. He is also know to test his chin constantly in the RIvera fight. Also in the first fight once he got dropped he got right back up , dropped his hands to let sonnen hit him to show he can't be ko.
I'm a Silva fan... but that's rubbish. Silva is one of the greatest fighters of all time. He will go down in history as one of, if not THE most dominant champion in the history of the sport.

Silva was in trouble during that fight. He was being controlled, taken down at will, punched in the face at will, and 2 minutes away from soundly losing the fight. Was he in trouble as far as the fight being stopped? Not really. Was he in trouble of losing? He sure as hell was.

Also, Sonnen may have not many tko's on his record, but the dude is strong as hell. A guy like that pounding on you is always the right couple punches away from ending a fight... especially when you're in his zone of expertise. I'm not talking about a lucky haymaker.

Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline   Reply With Quote