MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Report: DREAM is no more - ceases operations

View Single Post

Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Pride was ten times the promotion that any MMA promotion hopes to be. The modern UFC still doesn't compare to all of the showmanship. Sure they have some good matches but otherwise things can get stale, believe me I've been to a UFC event, I know!
Well thats a matter of opinion. Even though i like and respect Pride alot. I would chose the UFC over Pride any day of the week. Quiet frankly i think the better athletes are in the UFC. We saw what happened to Pride fighters when they came in to the UFC. Not many of them have had success and the ones that did had to figure it out and switch their training regiment to match that of todays UFC athletes.

BUT

If were going by straight exciting fights. Pride wins by a few margins. It was alot less of a sport and more of a fight. Im not sure if in the UFC fights can even get as exciting as some were in pride due to the limitations of rules.