MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** UFC 148 Prelims Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #91 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
I don't understand Guillard at times. Sometimes he can go against grapplers like Roller and Dunham and just show great take down defense and run right through them, but then he fights other grapplers and becomes tentative. I'm guessing it could be because of his recent losses.

That being said, I'm happy that Guillard won a decision. His submission defense looked good and he managed to escape the mount and get back to his feet. Now he just needs to continue that improvement, but not forget about the great offensive game that he possesses. I'm sure it wasn't displayed here because he was so worried about getting taken down. After losing two straight fights by submission because of his antics, you can't blame him too much for playing it safe.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler : 07-07-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote