MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Rafael dos Anjos vs. Anthony Njokuani Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
This fight should be great. I actually like Dos Anjos, the way he put away the overrated Sotiropoulos in just 59 seconds was nice. Some people thought George was the next lightweight champion up until his set back against Siver. Then some people thought it was just a speed bump, he may have underestimated him, but would get back into the win column with Dos Anjos as a stepping stone. Nope, Dos Anjos goes out there and throws a big hay maker and George wasn't able to get out of the way which led to him getting caught flush and put out like nothing. It was actually pretty telegraphed, usually a punch most fighters could slip away from easily. I guess George just wasn't fast enough. Still a dominant win none the less for Dos Anjos who appeared to end the hype for good, or at least for a long while.

I like Anthony as well. He shows a strong variety in his stand up and mixes it up well. If people want a display of that, they should catch his fight against Andre Winner, another decent fighter. He completely out classed Winner on the feet and used him as a punching bag. Andre's heart was the only thing that kept him in the fight. Njokuani won a lop sided decision.

Anyways, Anthony should out strike Dos Anjos very easily, but Rafael should have a significant advantage on the ground.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote