MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sonnen's backstage reaction to the loss

View Single Post

Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #32 (permalink)
StandThemUp
Flyweight

StandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really nice
Silva was broken after the first round!!!!!! ?????????

You have to be kidding me. He didn't get hit, didn't get elbowed, didn't get pounded. There was no Ground and Pound by Sonnen. Just a whole lot of Ground.
I think too much credit is being given to these wrestlers for being on top and doing nothing.
It's supposed to be Ground and Pound ie: Vintage Tito. But these modern wrestlers are happy with abandoning the Pound and just doing Ground. Someone needs to tell MMA Judges that laying on top of someone is not a legitimate fighting style. It's more of a Kama Sutra Style.

So yeah, if Silva was broken, it was only because he was incredibly uncomfortable having another Man force himself to lay on top of him and do nothing other than push his crotch into Silvas.

Honestly, that would break me too. That would break me into tears, much like the "Crying Game".

If you aren't willing to fight, get out of the cage. Make no mistake, I have no problem with active ground games, like Guida and plenty of others. But I am sick and tired of collegiate style wrestlers that have this perfect balance of Skill and Non-Skill. Where they are just skilled enough to hold you down, but not skilled enough to do anything about it. So they hold you down and throw weak non fight ending rabbit punches to score points. Yippee!

To be honest, I am not as upset with them, as I am with the Judges that reward it and the Refs that don't stand them back up when clearly, there is nothing going on and they are at a "Fighting" Stale mate.

Last edited by StandThemUp : 07-11-2012 at 12:08 AM.
StandThemUp is offline   Reply With Quote