MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weidman and Munoz: Who has the better chance against Silva?

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
mmaswe82
Shogun

mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockton902 View Post
Both are really good well-rounded fighters that possess a lot of skills to take it to the current middleweight champion.

Weidman (currently at 8-0 in UFC) is one of the best wrestlers and grapplers in UFC currently and has good stand up as well. Munoz (12-2) was also NCAA div.1 and has a decent ground game with some very entertaining stand up. Skills wise, these guys are even with each other going into the fight tonight.

But with Anderson, these two are far off the mark. Anderson has a black belt in BJJ, Judo and Taekwondo. He is much better on the ground, standing up and his takedown defense / wrestling has definitely improved from what I've seen in his 2nd fight with Sonnen.

The big question is who can take it to Anderson the most?

Discuss!
Weidman has good standup? I mean grappling sure, he's good at both wrestling and subs but standup?

I think it's a draw here, maybe I'm favouring Munoz a little in the fight due to experience.

I don't see any of these guys having a chance of beating Silva.

Weidman to me is alot like a MW Phil Davis, very talented overall and a successful wrestling career in the past + submission skills, but just cant seem to evolve the striking part of their game. And just like I can't see what Davis could bring to Jones ATM, I can't see what Weidman would do to Silva.

Munoz is a cool dude and a good MMA-fighter, but he's not great and I never think he will be.