MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weidman and Munoz: Who has the better chance against Silva?

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
marcthegame
Super Heavyweight

marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKREN4WIN View Post
To be fair Yushin Okami won by split decision while Weidman totally took Munoz apart in every phase of MMA. Striking, wrestling, and BJJ.

MMATH is never a good predicter.

I think Weidman can present some problems for Anderson. I dont think standing and trading with Anderson would be a good idea, but I think he can take Anderson down and after that it could get interesting.
Man that's the thing everybody who has a wrestling base via MMA math is given a chance against Silva. I think the last fight is an indicator when the man tries he really has good take down defense.

As for Weidman the kid can wrestling, but if he the question is can he close the distance and take Anderson down? His two takedowns on Munoz is inviting a knee. Weidman GNP is not there, he is asking for trouble if he's going in there to submit Anderson Silva.

The thing people forget about Anderson Silva never mind how skilled he is. The man is an athletic freak. Weidman all he brings to the table is wrestling an a fresh air as SIlva has destroy every man. I'm not going to buy into Weidman's hype until he defeats one of the 4 guys I say is a legit contender. SOnnen,Bisping,Vitor,Hector.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote