MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bat vs blade - the ultimate street fight question

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
luckbox
Cheeky freak of the week

luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
This is actually not how I see it going. The guy with the bat is not going to touch me with that bat. I'm very quick and that bat is very slow and only the last foot of that bat is dangerous. The bat is also a huge hinderance if you try to move fast or run with it. Basically coming forward and swinging or planting your feet and swinging are your two choices. But where it gets tricky is that if you come forward with the bat and the guy with the knife comes forward the knife guy wins. Best strategy IMO with the bat is to plant your feet and keep that bat around your waist, expectially against a guy like myself there is no way I'm gonna connect to the head with my first swing. I'd try to simply keep the other guy from rushing me. And if I can take out one of his legs I'd pretty much have him, but with that bat even in one hand is going to really slow me down where as that knife is easy to run around with.

Even best case scenario if the knife guy rushes me I'm probably gonna die.
So the accuracy of the bat is it's downfall? I haven't got much experience swinging a bat but I wouldn't think it would be that unheard of to nail even a quick opponent in the skull coming in.

Say your opponent/clone swings as you are coming in and hits you in your knifearm elbow. Do you reckon yoou would be able to hold on to the knife and rush him, or will you drop whatever is in your hand upon impact?

Just for the record, I'm a knife guy myself. I just don't think the bat is that big of a dog.

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote