MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bat vs blade - the ultimate street fight question

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
So the accuracy of the bat is it's downfall? I haven't got much experience swinging a bat but I wouldn't think it would be that unheard of to nail even a quick opponent in the skull coming in.

Say your opponent/clone swings as you are coming in and hits you in your knifearm elbow. Do you reckon yoou would be able to hold on to the knife and rush him, or will you drop whatever is in your hand upon impact?

Just for the record, I'm a knife guy myself. I just don't think the bat is that big of a dog.
I think it's more the momentum you have to put behind a bat that's it's down fall, also it's effective range and slowness. And it also has to do with me being a relatively light guy who is very quick. If I was a bigger guy I think the odds would eventually be in favor of the bat.

Here is the thing, I'm a righty so I'm going to be swinging both weapons from my right to their left sides. If the guy could hit my knife hand I'd probably drop the knife, but I don't think it's likely to happen as my right hand is going to be out to the right or by my side until I could lock up with him. It's not like I'm trying to come forward with just the knife leading by a mile, my goal is to get the guy knifed while controlling that bat and it's not so much trade a stab for a hit but completely avoid getting hit while getting a stab off.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote