MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Significant Changes In The Unified Rules Of MMA

View Single Post

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
ACTAFOOL
Lightweight

ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
There's nothing wrong with the rules now, the problem is a bunch of people who wanna see finishes getting pissy because someone can't sweep or reverse a guy like Jon Fitch and have to insult wrestling.

The only rule I want changed is that garbage Stand Up rule, that's the coward's refugee for strikers. If you can't get Jon Fitch or Ben Askren off of you, tough shit. Should have worked on that sprawl.
I agree to some extent, i think the wrestler should have to stay busy with some GnP, i dont think any1 should be able to win a fight just taking someone down and holding on to them for dear life and not creating any space or trying to at least improve position. Im not saying this is what fitch does, he actually stays quite busy and he destroyed bj

Still i think a fighter should always be looking to finish or do damage, this is also valid for strikers that simply strike just enough to be ahead on the score card and then just use "footwork" to avoid the fight

But i agree there should be no stand ups...:also i think its good you dont get points to defend, the objective is to be offensive, you should only defend to get a chance to be offensive, makes sense
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote