Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

How much are UFC ppv in America?

4K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  Killz 
#1 ·
Just wondering, over here in uk there on a channel which costs £6 a month but the ppvs are free.

Are they like wwe 45 and 55 dollars? Expensive that

#8 ·
You complaining about PPV prices is one of the main reason's why the UK will never get a PPV quality card.

North American's financially support the UFC through PPV's and advertising $$ for the Fox deal.

I wish in Canada we could pay a monthly fee and get everything covered,

#9 ·
Yea we're pretty lucky here in England. Sure the fights don't start till 3AM, but i simply record it and watch sunday morning.

Guess its not too bad in America if you've got a few mates to split it with. It would suck though if your the only one of your mates that likes UFC though! (as it is with me)

#10 ·
I live in switzerland and purchased UFC 148 for 10$. But as Life B Ez already mentioned, I'd also be willing to pay a lot more if I could only watch the fights primetime.
I gathered with friends and we played poker until 4AM, but by the time the mainevent started, I was way too tired and drunk to really enjoy it.

#17 ·
PPV prices in Canada are $45 for SD and $60 for HD

I always go to a local pub, they have big tvs and good food. No bars seem to charge cover for UFC anymore, dunno why, but it's nice.

#18 ·
$67 with tax for HD PPV in Canada. Worth every penny when it's a good card imo.

I used to get all of them, but with the increased number of events, I pick and choose nowadays.

#19 ·
I get them all, the last time I watched a UFC at a public gathering was Machida/Shogun 2. Will never do it again, I'd rather sat and watch them alone then have to deal with morons who are completely clueless about the sport.

#20 ·
I have only bought two UFC's in history by myself, and the 55 or what have you was a lot, but when you have that cable box sitting there hooked up to your tv and it's Saturday night 9 pm and your favorite fighter is going up against Dan Henderson what can ya do? The friends I have that watch UFC will only chip in for big shows involving one or more of Lesnar/Couture/Liddell, so yep that was nice while it lasted. So I'm glad there are other means :thumb02:

#28 ·
No.

It's not per TV it's per household. Its £145 per year. The cost of it goes towards the BBC who provide an excellent web service and have some of the best TV channels and make some of the best TV shows (especially documentaries) in the world. Also the channels run advert free, thats right, no commercials at all.

That sounds good but I resent not having the option to choose. Given the option Id rather not pay, and the BBC can go commercial and compete with other channels fairly.

#22 ·
I want to say the last ppv I purchased was either UFC 100 or UFC 88. Before that was chuck vs Tito 2. I usually watch it at a bar or restaurant with friends.

#23 ·
I buy every UFC event. I never stream, even if it's a shit card. I buy it on xbox live now, the HD stream for me is $55. But I also buy PPVs for smaller organizations. I paid $10 to see Jens Pulver fight and watch Gilbert Yvel make his LHW debut a couple months back. I have paid for a few PPV streams straight from the organization to see Jens Pulver fight. But he isn't the only one. I just enjoy supporting MMA and since I'm doing good financially I don't have to sacrifice too much to watch it all. I do it more to support the fighters....and cause I'm a junkie.

#25 ·
I order almost every PPV and I gladly do it so I don't have to listen to other people. I like to watch the fights by myself because other people are always less passionate and want to socialize and be distracted, I just want to watch the fight.

#26 ·
I'm the same way, I've ordered everyone since Rampage/Machida and I enjoy it much more sitting at home than going to Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings. Those places can get pretty disorderly and with me being a fan of guys like Jon Fitch it's very annoying to see people booing, that and people going "Chuck vs. Kimbo!" or "Chuck Liddell would knock him out" and then there's the fights in the parking lot, just a mess.

And then there was the time when I was shamed after Machida/Shogun 2.

#34 ·
Oh i see. That's fair enought. Here in Portugal everyone that pays a electricity bill has to pay a multimedia fee even if you don't watch tv or listen to the radio, whatever...

Back on topic, i feeling like buying 154, if only i could know if i'm gonna be awake for the ME. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.