MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Significant Changes In The Unified Rules Of MMA

View Single Post

Old 07-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
These changes don't mean a lot due to the incompetence of many judges, only bad part of this article for me is the part that says 10-10 rounds should rarely be scored.

10-10 rounds should be encouraged, I guarantee that all the rubbish judges who can't be assed just pick a name out of a hat when they need to score a close round, that is why we see such strange scoring at the end of close fights. If you find it hard to score and you found no dominant periods in the round, score it 10-10 and forget it.
If that is the case you need to add the option to go more rounds. 10-10 are very popular in K1, in fact pretty sure I see more 10-10 rounds than anything. But I also rarely see a fight not go into the extension rounds.

Quote:
Then of course you'll have title fights scored 50-50, that's where the sudden death round comes in, another necessary addition IMO.
Apparently, under the unified rules fighters can fight a MAXIMUM of 5 rounds in a night. So you can't have sudden death in title fights.