MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The greatest albums of the 00's

View Single Post

Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
The Game - The Documentary
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'
DJ Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise (although the first was Nov. 22 - 1999)
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Coldplay - Parachutes

Rap is unfortunately done now. Those two were the last hurrah in the gangsta rap genre.

I'll think of more. Without a doubt music was at its best in the 80's and 90's.
OutKast's older music is a lot better, I really think you'd like it. Check out the albums ATLiens, Aquemini and Southernplayalisticadillacmusik (in that order). Stankonia was good too but nowhere near the level of their old stuff.

Hip Hop is not dead. Pharoahe Monch, The Roots, Royce Da 5'9, Sean Price, Black Milk, Atmosphere, Binary Star.. I could go on for days. You just have to know where to look, you can go a lot deeper than Get Rich Or Die Tryin'!!. The Australian Hip Hop scene is thriving at the moment aswell.

To answer the OP:

J Dilla: The Shining
The Roots: How I Got Over
The Roots: The Tipping Point
The Roots: Undun
DJ Shadow: The Private Press
The Avalanches: Since I Left You
Illzilla: Wasteland

I listen to a lot of Reggae, SKA, Trip Hop, Soul, Funk, Blues & Jazz so the vast majority of my favourites are pre 2000.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote