MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Significant Changes In The Unified Rules Of MMA

View Single Post

Old 07-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Life B Ez
"Focus"

Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
Good points about the ex fighters..

And yeah Eddie Bravo would be a great judge. When guys like Soti are on their backs they shouldn't be losing rounds, they are most often in mission control or meat hook and throwing strikes while neutralising their opponents offence.

As long as he's not biased towards BJJ then he'd be excellent. Do you remember which fights he judged? I'm pretty sure he commentated a card once a while ago aswell (might be wrong).
That's the point though, Eddie however hard he might try you're going to be biased.

For example, let's say fighter A comes out, rocks fighter B and is beating him up, he almost finishes him, but fighter B survives. All this happened in the first minute, then the fight stays standing until minute with evenly exchanged combos. At the three minute mark fighter B gets a take down, passes guard gets mount, but doesn't do a lot of damage. Fighter A escapes and gets back to his feet at the two minute mark. Then at the one minute mark fighter A gets a take down, but immediately gets caught in a triangle/armbar. They fight until the very last second and finally Fighter A escapes.

Now, how do you score that? They both have a take down, the striker got his best possible outcome with a win, an almost TKO, and Fighter B the grappler got his best possible outcome, a guard pass dominate position and an almost sub. So it's even, in an ideal world that's a 10-10. Now to refer back to my earlier post, if the judge is Rampage, that round goes to fighter A, if it's Maia that went to Fighter B.

On Eddie Bravo, I think it was a few UFC in the 60s, but I can't say for sure I could be way off, but I feel like that's around where it was. He did guest commentary and unoffical scorecards. The he moved to the production truck. If he wasn't cornering a fighter he would tell the guys which angles to use so that you could see the grappling and he would show them what to show for subs and what not. I think he quit that job around UFC 115 or 116 because there were starting to be so many shows and he couldn't be at his schools.