MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #22328 (permalink)
PheelGoodInc
Heavyweight

PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I agreed with all you said so far, except this metaphor.

Law enforcement, military, etc, do not have more courage, discipline, intelligence, or anything else. I hope you realize people don't avoid being one of these things out of lack of courage, intelligence, discipline, loyalty, or any of that, but because their interests lie elsewhere. Become a doctor, a lawyer, a scientist, or any number of professions, then you tell me how much courage, discipline, loyalty and intelligence any law enforcement/military personnel has in comparison.
Perhaps they don't have any more courage / discipline / loyalt ect than the average person. But they do have the drive and ambition to dedicate their lives and profession to fighting the bad guys. That is what makes the difference imo. Not that there's anything wrong with becoming a doctor, lawyer, or scientist. Hell, in my opinion thats what the smart people do. Way smarter than me. I believe there are certain people born and bread to do battle. Modern day warriors. These people often end up in military or law enforcement. They couldn't life a full life without that battle. I don't think I could. I don't think less of someone who doesn't want that battle. That's perfectly normal.

Quote:
Be proud of who you are and your job (everybody should be, from businessmen to doctors, to police officers to lawyers, to marine biologists and so on), but to claim you have specific traits (discipline, intelligence, courage, etc, stated in that quote) based on your chosen job interest, is ridiculous, your job means as much as a computer science technician or someone who studies mammals for a living, which is just another job, of which every has an important role to play in keeping our society going as it is.

Keep in mind, I know you didn't "claim" to have these things over others, however you said you live your life on that metaphor, which did state it, and I just want to make that part clear and that it is false and quite silly to claim, if you were (going by the quote, I could be way off at 1:30 AM).
I believe that the vast majority of society are very hidden from the real world. Bad people don't scare me. Bad people excite me for the battle which I train for. Regular citizens rarely see evil in it's true form, and when they finally do they usually want nothing to do with it. Sheepdogs (according to the metaphor) have the same capacity for violence as the wolves, except the sheep dog has a deep love for their fellow citizens. They are able to use that capacity for violence to protect those who can't protect themselves. Just as scientist and doctors are rare and specialize in what they do, so does a sheep dog.

For the record I am not trying to make myself sound special or better than anyone else in any way. This is my profession. This is how I live my life. Everyone is different and that's okay.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ