Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Badr Hari Charged with Attempted Manslaughter

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Curious1 
#1 ·
Kickboxing superstar Badr Hari is in more trouble with the law. After getting arrested for an alleged assault at a popular Amsterdam music event, he has been charged with 'attempted manslaughter'. Inside Kickboxing has the news:

Badr Hari is facing a possible attempted manslaughter charge following an appearance in front of an Amsterdam magistrate today.

He is alleged to have taken part in an assault on a reveller at a rave in Amsterdam Arena earlier this month, before going on holiday with his girlfriend Estelle Gullit, estranged wife of the Dutch footballing icon Ruud Gullit.

Having returned from holiday this week Hari handed himself in to police Wednesday night and was arrested on doing so. He has been detained in custody since then and today his remand was extended by the magistrates, who gave police permission to hold him for two weeks.

According to the complainant, Hari was one of three men that assaulted him at the event and was the one that stomped on his ankle, which snapped it in half.
Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/27/3194543/bar-hari-charged-with-attempted-manslaughter-in-netherlands

Badr Hari's name has been circulating throughout the Dutch media a lot lately, due to the incident that took place at the Sensation White event at the Amsterdam ArenA where a man was assaulted, with the victim claiming that Hari was among the men who assaulted him and also saying that Hari stomped on his leg with full force, causing a severe injury.

That's not it though, as recently the owner of the Amsterdam night club, Air, also came forward saying that Hari had assaulted him last year by kicking him in the head, causing a broken jaw and lost teeth.

What this all adds up to is two charges facing Hari, one for attempted manslaughter for the incident with the nightclub owner, and one for assault for the incident at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Hari turned himself in to the police on Wednesday and was arrested and sent into custody. His stay in custody has been extended to two weeks and it could even possibly be extended to three months. If that were the case, you could rule out Badr Hari from fighting in the K-1 Final 16.

Others that were at the scene of the incident at the Amsterdam ArenA, including Estelle Gullit will be asked for information on the matter. Badr was interrogated yesterday and cannot contact anyone except for his lawyer.
Source: http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1747:badr-hari-facing-attempted-manslaughter-and-assault-charges&catid=37:kickboxing

Wow..

#6 ·
I have no idea. 'Attempted' manslaughter sounds quite stupid (but I'm no law expert)

If the person is alive, then maybe the beating was so severe it could of possibly killed him, but the intent/motive of full murder wasn't clear? So it's 'attempted' manslaughter. Could of killed a person by a dangerous act but failed to/was stopped in the process of.

#8 ·
I'm no expert, but I think one would get an attempted manslaughter charge by inflicting enough damage, or attempting to create a situation in which the victim faces death. I would guess that the victim's lawyer was pushing for a charge more serious than assault.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using VerticalSports.Com App

#10 ·
I'm sure MMA fighters would get no quarter given in court, especially with the physical tools and dangers they poses compared to a regular joe.

That being said, Hari is one of the biggest waste of talent I have seen. This guy has everything except the mental game (he's a lunatic).

Such a shame, really. :thumbsdown:

Reactions: evilappendix
#11 ·
What an amazing kickboxer and one of the few world elites gifted with Tyson style killer instinct. I have all the respect for Badr as a combat athlete but absolutely zero respect for Badr as a human.

I understand that his temperament likely drove him to be an elite kickboxer when he was younger, fair enough. The guy is now a fully grown responsible adult and has had all the time to mature and control his emotions especially being an idol and showcase to his worldwide fans.
If guilty he fully deserves to go jail and learn the hard way. Hopefully he realises that his skills are no place for the public, as he is a killing machine fighting ordinary people.

#14 ·
This guy is a bully. Probably one of the most disrespectful, immature, and undeserving fighters to ever make it big (at least in the kickboxing world). The guy should have been kicked out of K-1 forever after what happened with Remy. This guy should never be allowed to compete again.

At the same time if he did...I could not help but watch. He plays the perfect villain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.