MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - A 41 year old Dad's journey to his first NAGA contest

View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post
Thanks for the inspiration part. Hopefully this will encourage others. As far as the roids go, yup, it was LOL. looking back, it was so 1/2 ass done. Lesson learned.

Did some early cardio today. 10 min treadmill, 3.5 mph 10-15% grade, 10 min elliptical, and finished with a 1/2 mile run at a 10:30 pace. Running has never been my strong suit, but trying to improve (would LOVE to do a 5K someday). Will post again after class tonight.
Cardio ay...I'm going to recommend a HIT program that Kamikaze (MMA fighter on the forum) here showed me. So...after you're done training, running, put your treadmill on the highest incline and sprint for one full minute. Run at your regular pace then go again repeat as many times til failure. That's pretty much to simulate the conditions in MMA. If done correctly you should pass out. Enjoy!

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote